Have you seen the new Star Wars movie? If not..you need too soon. Last weekend we saw it at the movie theater. When we take the family to the movies, it breaks our wallets, but if it is an excellent movie then we have no regrets, whatsoever! What I liked most about the movie is now my kids are FANS! Before though they would never watch a Star Wars movie with me ever but now they want a whole day to watch ALL the Star Wars movies.
We were shopping the other day and came across General Mills Big G Cereals that have some cool limited edition glow-in-the-dark Star Wars decals. My daughter wanted them all because she wanted all the decals hanging up in her room. Thank goodness it was all our favorite cereals. As of this month, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cookie Crisp, Cheerios and Cheerios Multi Grain include the exclusive decals – six in all. With cameos from both the light and dark sides, the clings feature character appearances from R2-D2 & C-3PO, Chewbacca, BB-8, Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma and a Stormtrooper.
Perfect for decorating bedrooms for fans of all ages, these repositionable decals can bring the Force to a multitude of smooth surfaces – from walls to bed posts and more. My daughter has a craft she wants to do to showcase her DECALS.
DIY Star Wars Canvas
- Blank canvas
- Black paint
- Glow in the dark paint
- Star Wars Force Awakens decals (from specially marked boxes of General Mills cereal)
- paint brush
- glow in the dark stars
- Adhesive for Glow in the dark stars
- Make sure you plan out your canvas before putting the items on- have a PLAN. First what are you going to do with the decals- we decided to put on the wall around the canvas. on the canvas without peeling off back, just to decide where you want to place them. Figure out where to place the stars on the canvas, without using adhesive.
- Once you have your plan on the canvas planned out- take a picture, so you know exactly where to put everything.
- Time to paint the canvas black, you might have to do a couple of coats.
- Let the canvas DRY- we let it dry overnight.
- Then decorate the canvas with the glow-in-the-dark stars and glow-in-the-dark paint.
- Plan, where you want the decals to go on the wall surrounding the canvas, is what we did.
Please follow General Mills on Twitter – Pinterest – Instagram
Disclaimer: Compensation was provided by General Mills via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of General Mills or Momtrends.