Real Cures for Real Kids
Can I start out by saying I have raised two kids and now have four grandkids. I have been very blessed and none of been touched with anything other than the normal cough, sneeze and cold. But some families aren’t that fortunate. Cancer is a mean and ugly disease. And cancer does not discriminate. It will affect the old as well as the young.
Regardless of age or race, cancer can affect you or your family. I love organizations like that St Baldrick’s Foundation. We need to pull together and try to help each other. When you are finishing up your Christmas list, head on over here and buy a gift that gives back. Every year they will choose five kids to represent the thousands of kids diagnosed with cancer.
Gifts That Gives Back
“I’d love to share a few ideas below that can be purchased through The St. Baldrick’s Foundation online store, where every dollar goes to fund the most promising research for childhood cancer. These items double as “gifts that gives back” allowing your friend, colleague or family member to receive something functional, while knowing the proceeds went back to The St. Baldrick’s Foundation.
Currently, more than $200 million has been raised for childhood cancer research with a majority of funds coming from the organization’s signature head-shaving events that are held all across the U.S. By adding these items to your gift list, you can keep your hair and raise funds in a different way.
· Gifts for Everyone: The St. Baldrick’s Water Bottle keeps your drinks cold and has a flip-top screw-on lid to clip onto any bag and prevent spills- $12.95
· Misc. Nantucket Fashion Tote: Fashionable and functional, this tote will help keep you organized and is easy to fold when traveling – $18.95
· Office secret Santa : Hot Beverage Tumbler for your colleague to enjoy their favorite coffee or tea while heading to the next meeting – $15.95
· The Bookworm: “Chase Away Cancer” is an inspirational, true story perfect for that bookworm in your life. Follow Chase, one of The St. Baldrick’s Foundation’s Ambassadors, and his fight against childhood cancer- $15.99
· Stocking Stuffer: Knit Cap is a cozy and fashionable beanie anyone can wear during the cold winter months- $15.95″