Spring is in! And we bet you are dying to take your car out for a spin without having to bother about the frost, ice, snow and sleet. But before that, it is essential that you get down to spring cleaning your car. With the sun warming you up, get to it with the following checklist of 10. However, do remember that these are not all, but the most important ones. Your goal should be to get rid of the winter mess inside and outside of your car.
- Thorough car wash: The exterior car wash is a priority. Let it be thorough and get the winter grime out of the cracks and from under the edges. A soft towel and mild detergent are your best friends for the task.
- The windows and the mirrors: Let us continue to go outside in. After winter driving, windows always need quite a bit of attention. Clean them out inside and outside using a window cleaner and shine them off with a dry towel. Then, shift focus to the mirrors and follow the same routine.
- Truck check: Replace necessary emergency supplies. Confirm that the spare tire is in good Vacuum the trunk out.
- Interiors – Carpeting and Upholstery: Wash down the seats using a damn towel. Keep an eye out for any sort of rock salt debris, mud or dry dirt on the carpeting. Use a carpet cleaner machine.
- Interiors- Console: Carefully avoiding getting the electrical connections wet, wipe down the console. Clean out cup holders and use a wet cloth to get on the top of the dashboard. Dry thoroughly.
- Organized: Clean out the compartments. Use a car vacuum cleaner for convenience.
- Clean the wheels: This is most important for your safety. Pay some extra attention to the wheels removing the hubcaps and washing the wheels down. Scrub it all thoroughly with special attention to the tires and wheel wells. Check tire pressure and tighten up any loose lug nuts. Replace the tires in case of any issue.
- Taking care of the engine: Looking under the hood is very important. Dirt, leaves, debris often get into the engine area. While at times, simply wiping down the edges is more than enough, you may need to get the engine professionally cleaned depending on your situation. Tune up the engine to check its working and get its belts checked. You may want to get the oil changed as well, at this point. Also, check lighting systems and the air conditioning.
- Replacing wipers: While harsh winter conditions take a toll on the entire body of the car, the most affected are the wipers. Replace your current ones with new windshield wipers. Do not ignore this step believing the worst of the weather to be behind you. Those intense spring showers are glorious to behold but can get very unsafe to drive through.
- Wax and polish: For this step you’d need to step out of direct sunlight. Using preferably, a spray or liquid wax, wax and buff the exterior of the car.
Enjoy spring driving and the true spirit of joie de vivre that comes with it!
Want to read more great articles? Head on over to Beck Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram.