I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for TruGreen. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation!
The weather is starting to warm up and that means we will be spending more time outside. Between BBQs, playing catch and Adirondack chairs around our fire pit, isn’t life outdoors just a little more fun? Spending time outdoors with my family is so much more fun then sitting behind my desk all day and the kids and husband either playing with their phones or playing games online. That is why we make sure to keep our yard in tip-top shape. And TruGreen believes more life should be lived outside and they can help by setting the stage with a beautiful lawn.
Our lives have become increasingly digital, creating more distractions from the fresh air. TruGreen is committed to reminding Americans of the benefits of being outdoors – from physical to emotional – and the fun waiting for them on the other side of their door. My family tends to disconnect from our digital lives and reconnect as a family and we do that by spending time together in our backyard, either, barbecuing, swimming and even taking a blanket outside and having a picnic. It is our way to spend time with each and talking.
TruGreen believes a beautiful lawn inspires beautiful connections with family, friends, neighbors and communities. We are happier, more fulfilled, and more connected when we spend time outside. When my husband is outside taking care of our lawn, it brings him so much pleasure knowing the yard is taken care of and we can play in the beautiful grass. We do have TruGreen come by and help us with the upkeep to make sure our lawn is kept in pristine shape. We want to make sure we #LiveLifeOutside not always staying inside!
Did you know that 92% of those surveyed said it’s important for children to replace video game/internet time with time outside. 72% also said it’s important for themselves to replace video game/internet with time outside. This reflects the belief that while our lives have more digital distractions pulling us indoors, there’s no technology that can replace our happiness and healthiness that comes from a life lived outside. Check out this great TruGreen Infographic below!
So as the weather gets warmer #LiveLifeOutside with your family, disconnect from the internet and reconnect as a family! Enjoy each other and have fun!
Here are a few tips to help you take care of your lawn.
- The best time of day to water your lawn is in the early morning hours. If using a timer, try setting it for 2 hours a day, 3 days a week or every other day.
- For a healthy lawn, never cut more than one-third of the grass-blade in any one mowing. If the grass gets ahead of you because of a busy schedule, move up the cutting height of your mower to the highest setting. Then move the cutting height back to normal and cut the lawn again a few days later.
- Do you want a lush, healthy lawn you are going to have to feed it with the proper nutrients. You will find the right fertilizer for your lawn at your local garden store. Follow the simple directions and you are good to go. Fertilizer is available in both liquid and dry form. We alternate between the two, but both work great.
Would you like a Backyard makeover? If you do then head on over and enter the TruGreen Yardley’s Sweepstakes. One (1) Grand Prize includes everything you need for the perfect outdoor living room:
• $3,000 Gift Card to purchase outdoor furniture
• 1 year of TruGreen Service
• Outdoor movie theater including a movie projector and screen