Kitchens all need the same equipment and appliances, but kitchens don’t all come in the same size. For instance, city accommodation rarely comes with generous amounts of living space, but if you don’t have a very roomy kitchen then you may be in need of some savvy space saving tips on how to make the most of your compact space, so you don’t have to struggle and miss out on the same luxuries as others.
We’ve found some of the best appliances for your kitchen so you can downsize but still keep your style and make the most of those narrow, confined spaces. As well as some other tips and advice on how to embrace your cosy kitchen!
Ideas for Inspiration
- White or cream decor and accessories will make the room seem lighter, fresher and appear bigger.
- Concealing large appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines and fridges with cupboard panelling can also help create the illusion of a larger space.
- Take advantage of the wall space with magnetic knife holders, kitchen utility hanging racks and plenty of shelves. So you can free up other areas and cupboard space. You could even make a quirky feature out of it (see image).
Smart Space Saving Appliances
- The Smart oven: http://www.brevilleusa.com/the-smart-oven-r.html
Similar size to a microwave and comes with different menu settings depending on the type of food you are cooking.
- The cordless vacuum: http://www.dyson.com/vacuums/dysonhard.aspx?stagetab=1
This slim line vacuum is perfect for taking up minimal storage as it can fit into even the narrowest of spaces.
- The tank less water heater: http://www.eccotemp.com/eccotemp-fvi12-lp-tankless-water-heater/ Generates small to medium amounts of hot water and saves on massive amounts of space. Find out more some best tankless water heater reviews here.
- The portable cook top: http://www.amazon.com/1800-Watt-Portable-Induction-Countertop-8100MC/dp/B0045QEPYM?tag=apartmentth0a-20. Lightweight cooktop, digital control panel, includes timer and auto pan detection- as well as being a fantastic space saver!
Design and layout
To maximise every inch of your kitchen space you should carefully consider the layout and design of the room.
To achieve a spacious look and feel, you should optimise the wider space and consider a couple of things:
1) Aisle space Place all your fixtures and fittings to the side of the room to create a clear middle part. This will make it easy to carry out kitchen duties when cooking as well as create the illusion of a clearer and wider space.
1) Storage space Consider how much storage space you are leaving yourself. Despite making the most of wall space etc. there is no denying that you still need cupboard space in your kitchen area, whether it’s to store food or pots and pans.
3) Windows and light If possible have a large window (or couple of windows if you can) and if you have a door to your kitchen buy one with glass panelling. This will let more natural light into your kitchen, again creating the illusion of a larger room.
Try out our tips for savvy space saving ideas and learn to love your new, petite kitchen!
About the author:These tips have been brought to your by Domex – the leaders in appliance repair services.