If you find yourself looking into fertility clinics make sure you do your research and ask questions. This is a big step for anyone and you want to be well-informed and please don’t just go for the first clinic you come across. Check them out! Seeing a fertility specialist is a crucial step to identifying and tackling any fertility issues early. InviMed has been assisting people for the last 14 years to becoming parents. Their medical team comprises internationally renowned doctors who have over 85 years of experience collectively. You get stability and experience, what more can soon to be parents want.
Who should be checking out about Infertility:
- Women: under 30 after 1 year without success
- Women: 30-39 after 6 months without success
- Women: 39+ as soon as possible
- Men: Couples when the male partner is over 40
Questions you want to ask at the clinic:
- How long have the doctors and technicians been there? High turnaround is not a good sign.
- Which procedures do you do, and how often? Be sure the clinic has a wide range of infertility procedures available and is familiar with the latest technology.
- Do you have age limits for treatment? If they do that means they go by the book-ethics!
- When you do an advanced procedure that involves fertilizing the eggs outside the woman and then planting them inside her, who decides how many eggs go back in — the doctor or patient? ‘
- You want to make sure you go with someone who allows the patient a say because it’s your body- your future!
- What does treatment cost? It’s good to know all the costs ahead of time so you know what you’re getting into. You will have to figure out how you are going to finance the procedures.
- What kinds of tests will you need?
- What treatment do they recommend trying first?
- What side effects are associated with the treatment?
- What is the likelihood of conceiving multiple babies with the treatment?
- For how many cycles in the first treatment?
- If the first treatment doesn’t work, what will you recommend trying next?
- Are there any long-term complications associated with this or other infertility treatments?
After picking what fertility clinic you want to make the first appointment with make sure you have the following information down on paper just in case they ask you questions. They will want to know when you started trying to conceive and how often you’ve had intercourse, plus the time of ovulation. You will for sure have to let them know your medical history plus any other medical conditions you or your partner has, as well as information about any previous evaluations or treatments for infertility. Make a list of any medications, vitamins, herbs or other supplements you take. Include the doses and how often you take them. Don’t hesitate to ask your doctor to repeat information or to ask follow-up questions. Please make sure to check out InviMed and their clinics!