Halloween has never been one of my favorite holidays, but it sure is my daughter’s. My daughter starts designing her Halloween costume on November 1st, just kidding maybe January 1st. This year she is going simple and is the SnapChat Dog Filter- she created the whole thing too. I guess she is in charge of decorating too because she has made me buy Halloween Decorations every time we go to Target and if you know me, I’m at Target almost every day.
However, this year I wanted to surprise her with something special and we are decorating our DOOR. She got all straight A’s in school her first quarter, so we are doing this for her for her reward. Now we aren’t just door decorating we are going to add LIGHTS AND SOUND.
So let’s talk about LIGHTS! I know I wasn’t going to get a lot of help from the husband, so I needed something EASY to install. Well, of course, PHILIPS HUE LIGHTS.
Philips Hue is a lighting system that I can control wirelessly from my smartphone. I was a bit afraid I wouldn’t be able to do this on my own but it was super easy to connect, and my daughter did it all in 10 minutes. She has the iPhone, and it was a breeze connecting to our HOME system. Now we have a lighting system that delivers bright and beautiful light for our daily activities, special moments and immersive experiences.
- The ability to paint with light with more than 16 million colors
- Visual timers to help you customize lighting based on your personal routine
- Compatibility with more than 600 third-party apps
- Compatibility with smart home technology including Apple HomeKit with Siri, Amazon Echo, Dot and Tap with Alexa, Google Home and its voice assistant and more
Products we installed:
Okay, we have the lights installed now! The SOUND is next and guess what there is an APP for that, so simple.
- Hue Halloween combines haunting sounds and lighting effects, like eerie piano music and ghost sounds, which will make anyone jump. With a new update to the app, you can use the Philips Hue motion sensor to trigger light and sound effects when unsuspecting trick-or-treaters pass by.
Now if you have a party going on try:
- Hue Disco turns your living room into a sound and light show by syncing Philips Hue A19 bulbs, the Hue Go or the LightStrip Plus to the beat of any song, spooky or not.
Our plan is when Trick or Treaters come up to the door, we want to cue the lights and sound, and with the Hue Halloween App, we can do all that. What was super cool was the lights corresponded to the music from the APP, and it is made for an awesome show. Now we might be the Cool House on the street that all the kids want to go to for Halloween!
Check out our VIDEO:
Our family had so much fun designing our door. We bought the Door Monster at Target for $7.00 and pretty sure all Halloween stores will have some door designs. The huge plastic pumpkin we got at Target for $6.00. So see very simple and you can have a cool door like OURS!
We also did a simple DIY with Toliet Paper Rolls and Glow Sticks. All we did was cut out cut eyes on the sides, and inserted GLOW STICKS.
We are so ready for the Trick or Treaters.
We love how the lights can change to very bright or very dim allowing us to give off the eery Halloween vibe until you get to our door then bam it’s ALL FUN. What about you are you ready? Why not do something super cool at your party or decorate your door like we did.
Now the HUE LIGHT SYSTEM isn’t just for special occasions. I plan to use these lights on a daily basis. We now have our lights set to a Philips Hue motion sensor near the bathroom. I usually step on something or stub my toe when I head to the bathroom in the middle of the night but not now!
Philips Hue is available for purchase at Amazon.com, Apple Store, Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, Home Depot and MeetHue.com, among other retailers.
KTOT Readers we also have a special deal for you:
Go to meethue.com:
- Promo Code: HueHalloween
- Effective Dates: October 17, 2016 – October 30, 2016
- Promo: Receive 15% off all products
- Exclusions/Limitations: Order discount limits $100, excludes outlet items