If, you are moving to a house in Denver that was constructed long back and has the old wiring, the first question comes in your mind is that should you get the replace the old wiring or get the same repaired. The better and secured option is to get the old and damaged wiring replaced instead repairing. The electrical work is not an easy job and can be dangerous hence, professionals should be hired. There are many plumbing service in Denver available that can provide professional services related to electrical and plumbing work.
Identification of Old Wiring
There are certain signs of the old wiring in a house that can be identified easily. Some such signs are mentioned below:
- Frequent fuse blows and tripping of breakers and switches.
- If you feel tingling if the electrical outlet, switches, or appliance and active are touches.
- If the lights flicker or dim again and again.
- If an appliance is connected to power and you feel burning like smell.
- If you feel that the electrical switches and the outlets are hot while you touch them.
- If there GFCI outlets are not installed anywhere in the house especially in the kitchen and bathroom areas.
- The house was constructed before 40 or more years back.
Getting the Wiring Replaced
Replacing the old wiring is the better idea, but replacing the wiring of entire house is a hectic job. If, you believe that replacing the old wiring does not require any skill that is not correct. However, if you have basic knowledge and do it carefully you can do it yourself too. Make sure you know the basic guidelines to do so. There are some below given tips that can help you in doing the electrical wiring replacement work:
- To prevent electrocute, it is essential to turn off the power circuit where wiring replacement work is to be performed.
- Identify, how much power load will be required for electrical panel.
- If you are going to connect heavy load appliances such as water geyser, washing machine, etc. it is important that the dedicated high power circuits are placed.
- The footage and area of the house must be measured properly and on the basis of the calculated measures, the requirement of panel will be determined.
- The load requirement for each electrical outlet and circuit must be determined in advance this will help in determining how much wire is required.
- GFIC (Ground Fault Interrupter Circuit) must be installed especially the areas where moisture can’t be avoided such as bathrooms, kitchen, garage, etc.
Warning: There some old houses where the aluminum wiring might have been done, which was a usual practice during 1960-70s. Such wiring are dangerous and become loose over time and working with them can be very hazardous.
This is to be kept in mind that the professionals only know the job better hence calling an electrician is advisable. If you are in Denver and looking for the professional plumbing service Denver, look fore them online.