Nothing tastes better than some Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies after a long day at work or school! I discovered this delicious recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks, “Beach House Baking: An Endless Summer of Delicious Desserts” by Lei Shishak. The recipe is easy to follow and tastes just like the cookies Grandma used to bake!
1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 large egg
1 tablespoon half-and-half
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut better chips
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes.
2. Add the egg, half-and-half, and vanilla extract, then mix for an additional one minute.
3. Mix in the flour, chips, baking soda and salt until completely combined.
4. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
6. Line a couple fo baking trays with foil or [parchment paper.
7. Scoop the dough onto the prepared trays (I used a large tablespoon), then flatten slightly with palm.
8. Using a fork, mark the backs with a crisscross pattern.
9. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or until edges are just set. The cookies will look underbaked, but go ahead and remove from oven, and place to the side to cool while still on the trays. They will finish cooking as they cool.
Grab a tall glass of ice-cold milk, and enjoy!