It feels like you’ve explored every possible wedding venue throughout Melbourne. All you know is you want a beautiful wedding and you want to be sure you’ve prepped everything well.
As it is one of the world’s most beautiful cities, you’ll certainly find many wedding venues in Melbourne at your disposal, but the key is to find one that offers you everything you’ll need. This means, a combination of the “must haves” and “wants” (as opposed to the “do not wants”) lists. One of the most beautiful locations to marry and have a fun and lively reception is at the beach. You could never go wrong with the intimate wedding venues in Melbourne like Brighton Savoy, because not only it is a perfect place to hold a wedding, it has also a lot of amenities to offer that will surely wow your guests.
If you choose a venue accustomed to hosting weddings, you’ll be well assured that the staff know what they’re doing. The key, you realize, is being sure you have all the answers to the questions you need to ask.
As a client, it is important that the venue has a great supplier to provide all the essential necessities during the event. That is why it is important to make sure that the wedding service providers should have exceptional service to make the event even better.
Questions to ask your venue wedding coordinator:
- Have you planned weddings with the same budget and size as mine?
- Will you be okay working with caterers and florists and DJs and bands that you haven’t worked with but are hired by me?
- What do you see as critical roles and assignments for you and the, what do you see as essential details I must handle.
- Do you always work with the same staff here – and if not, how experienced are they in weddings?
- What days and times will you be available for me? (Give your planner the opportunity to set boundaries – and don’t break them!)
- How involved in non-venue planning can you be?
- Would you be comfortable giving me some names and contact information from previous brides?
- How do you charge – is there a flat rate? Any packages? What do your services include?
- How should we keep in touch? Do you text? Send emails? Make actual phone calls?
- Do you have a staff or do you work alone?
- Get to know your planner… how did you decide to become a wedding planner?
- What was your biggest challenge in a previous wedding?
- Are you good at trouble shooting?
- (Propose possible emergency situations)
- Are you good at multitasking?
- What’s your contingency plan if the rain really starts to fall.
- Do you have any questions for me?
- Do we have to work with your vendors or may we ask for one.
- Will you show me an example of your work?
- If an emergency takes you away from our wedding, what backup options do you have?
When your interview is over, ask each other what you thought of the coordinator – did you think you had chemistry and you can work well together?
- Critically, did she share your vision” Did she/he sound enthusiastic?
- Do you feel that the coordinator will work together with you? Critically, are you sure that the coordinator is not a bully?
- How much planning do you offer? I know this is similar to a question you may have answered previously. In other words, are they coordinating price packages to how involved you’ll be at the ceremony and reception?
- What will your working hours be the day of our wedding?