You may have packed your sexy lingerie, swimsuits, and a handbag adorned with Peacock feathers away in your luggage, but while sitting on an airplane, chic and comfortable outfits take center stage. Here’s how to look stylish while traveling.
1. Jeans haven’t gone out of style yet, and it looks like they never will. Denim practically never wrinkles or bags out, and you can look sophisticated and still be comfy if you wear a pair with a bit of stretch. Bonus: You’ll probably only need one pair of jeans on your trip, so if you wear them, you’ll save room in your luggage!
2. Just because you’re ditching the stilettos for your six hour plane ride, that doesn’t mean you can’t still be fashion-forward. Instead of running sneakers, opt for loafers or ballet flats. Bonus: They’re easy to kick off when going through security.
3. Stash an extra top in your carry-on. While the luggage is being taken off the plane, you can quickly change in the powder room. The shirt you wear on the ride will be wrinkly and possibly coffee-stained.
4. Wear layers, especially if you’re flying to a destination with a completely different temperature. If you’re going from New York to Florida during December, for example, wear jeans that you can cuff up once you get to your destination and a thin leather jacket that you can stash in your bag. Whatever you do, don’t wear anything bulky. Even if you’re traveling from one cold weather place to another, the air in the plane will be stuffy and warm.
5. Opt for fabrics that don’t crease, like cotton and cashmere. You can also find clothing specifically made for travel – the pieces won’t lose their shape or wrinkle along the way.
6. Plan to sleep on the plane? Wear leggings and a tunic – and don’t forget your eye mask!
Want more ways to arrive at your destination looking fresh-faced and ready for a great vacation? Skip drinking soda or alcohol on the plane and instead stay hydrated by sipping water. Right before you land, brush your hair and pull it into a clean ponytail or top knot. Swipe on a bit of tinted balm and slather on a thin coat of moisturizer to look dewy and soft. Now you’re ready to go!