If you are planning on spending a night at a casino but you have no idea what you are supposed to wear, then don’t panic as it is easy to contact the casino you want to visit to find out what the dress code is. In fact, many of the UK’s top casinos don’t even have a dress code and what you wear is actually up to you and it is often the same for casinos based in the US. However, it can be nice to make a big occasion out of your trip to the casino and dressing up is often part of the fun of spending time in a casino.
Different Codes …
A casino dress code can vary from place to place so the best thing to do is contact the casino before you go to find out what their dress code is. For example, in the capital of all casino cities – Las Vegas – you will find that the dress codes are generally very relaxed, and jeans with t-shirts are commonplace, as many gamblers simply head in off the street for a few games here and there.
Smart Yet Casual
Many people visiting a casino will opt to wear smart but casual clothing, even when there isn’t actually a dress code in place. This includes wearing something such as a pair of jeans but pairing the jeans with nice shoes and a collared shirt. Women may want to wear a simple blouse with a skirt combo and these can be worn with either flats or heels.
Here are a few tips:
- Some casinos in Europe enforce a stricter dress code than those found in the UK or the US
- The best thing to do is check out the code before you go
- Very exclusive casinos will usually have a strict dress code
- Stand-alone casinos rather than those that are part of a resort are often more likely to have a dress code
If you are unsure, then the best thing to do is dress a bit smarter and swap your shorts or jeans for a nice pair of trousers so you err on the side of caution.
If you cannot get in contact with the casino before your trip out or you are unsure about the information you have with regards to their dress code, wearing smart clothing is ideal.
This includes the following:
- A little black dress is always a great option for the ladies
- Hemlines should never be too short
- A jacket, shirt and tie for men accompanied by pressed trousers
- Never wear flip flops or trainers
- Always wear nice shoes with a closed in toe
Even when there isn’t a dress code in place, it is a good idea to avoid wearing ripped jeans or work uniforms to a casino along with tops with offensive slogans or jokes emblazoned across the chest, football t-shirts, hats or sunglasses.