I have the worst time chopping garlic…I usually get it too big, or I just make a mess. I’ve wanted a garlic press for a long time, and I finally got one! It’s a lot easier to use a press to crush garlic right into the frying pan. I’ve also heard the flavor is different when it is minced the flavor is far more intense in the batch made with the garlic press.
Tips for garlic:
- The best place to store garlic is at room temperature
- Peel the garlic before crushing it by using the flat edge of a large knife then push down on a clove until you hear it crack. Then, peel away the skin.
- After washing your hands rub them over a stainless steel item, like a soup spoon or your faucet.
I found the perfect Garlic Press on Amazon.
Garlic and Ginger Press
- Large Hopper – Great for holding large cloves of garlic or 2 smaller ones
- Sturdy – Durable and Heavy Duty Grip Design
- Strong – No Need to Peel Garlic
- Easy to Clean – Dishwasher Safe
- No water trapped in the Handle, No rusting
- Use as a Ginger Press or even for Lemons
- Small Prongs Help Push Garlic Through
- Black Non-Slip Grip on the Handle
- Simple Toothpick Can Be Used To Remove Any Residual Garlic
- The plunger fits into the hopper snugly
- Backed by a Lifetime Replacement Guarantee