When I was much younger, I would complain about how thick my hair was and how I wished it was thinner! I mean, I had thick, wavy hair. If I only knew then what, I know now about my hair. When I was in my late 20’s, I started to notice my hair was getting much thinner. My once heavy, thick hair was falling out, and I noticed the front of my hair was beginning to get very thin. I was a total mess; I would look in the mirror, day in and day out. At one time, I could never see my scalp my hair was so thick, but now I could see right through my hair. I cried all the time; I didn’t want to go out. As my once beautiful hair started getting thinner, I was so embarrassed. I was scared to wash my hair, knowing that when I would look into the shower, my hair would be at the bottom. I would try all different products, hoping I would find that miracle product. It just never happened and as I started getting older, I didn’t let my thinning hair get the best of me. I started taking better care of my hair and myself, and I noticed my hair started to stop slowly falling out. I will say we are lucky to have great products like Women’s ROGAINE® Foam to use and help combat hair thinning. Women’s ROGAINE® Foam is the first and only FDA-approved once-daily treatment for Women – morning or night – for hereditary hair loss. Women’s ROGAINE® Foam contains 5% minoxidil, the ONLY topical ingredient FDA-approved to help regrow hair. I love that it is so different than other cosmetic thickeners that just coat my hair and mask the issue. Women’s ROGAINE® Foam helps prevent further thinning by regrowing thicker hair. You apply it just once a day, and it’s easy to use. Hair thinning is not uncommon as you may think. Did you know that 1 in 3 women notice hair thinning in her lifetime? The onset of female pattern hair loss can start between puberty and the 20s with a second peak in the early 40s. Left untreated, hair thinning can worsen over time. Mine began in my 20’s! Most people lose between 50-100 hairs a day, which is considered normal hair loss. A consistent loss of 150 hairs a day is considered significant hair loss. Thinning hair does not have to be embarrassing. With products like Women’s ROGAINE®, we can take back our lives! If you experience hereditary hair loss if left untreated it will continue to worsen as you age. The key to managing hereditary hair loss is treating it at the earliest signs with Women’s ROGAINE® Foam, which is clinically proven to regrow hair in 81%* of women with new hairs growing in up to 48% thicker than before. In addition to thinning and loss associated with hereditary hair loss, as we age our hair changes in color and texture. It’s best to work with your stylist to find the best look for your hair type. Often times, shorter hair styles work best and can help to provide added fullness.
Here are my tips to beautiful, healthy hair, for any age.
- Protect your hair from excessive sun, wind and rain. Too much exposure can lead to dirt build up and drying out your hair and scalp. So cover up with an umbrella or a hat when you can.Deep Condition your hair.
- Once a week after you shampoo, rub a good deep conditioner or an excellent hair mask into your scalp and hair and rinse as directed. This will bring life back into your overworked hair.
- After you shampoo, squeeze dry your hair. This will help tame the frizz. You can also pat dry your hair, don’t over rub your hair. Over rubbing tends to cause more breakage.
- When washing your hair, cooler water is better for your hair than hot. Washing your hair in hot water effects the hair the same way as using hot styling methods.
- Switch To Silk pillow cases. There are so many benefits to switching to silk or satin. Not only is it better for your skin, but it does wonders for your hair! Cotton robs your hair of moisture and is much harsher on your hair, causing damage and split ends.
- Use a Wide-Tooth Comb when combing the tangles out of wet hair. The comb is much more gentle and doesn’t tug and pull like a brush does, it safely and easily removes tangles with less damage.
- If you notice that your hair is thinning, and you are seeing more and more hair falling out, then start using a product like Women’s ROGAINE® foam. Women’s ROGAINE® Foam 5% Minoxidil Topical Aerosol helps prevent further thinning by regrowing thicker hair.
Head on over and check out the Women’s ROGAINE® Foam website for more information. And click HERE for excellent Coupon offers! One (1) winner will win a one-year supply of Women’s ROGAINE® Foam (ARV $150.00). This Giveaway is open to US residents only, ages 18 and older. The Giveaway will run from October 6, 2015, until 11:59 pm EST on October 13, 2015. One winner per household. This blog is not responsible for prize fulfillment. Enter using the Giveaway Tools Form Below. Good Luck!