Compensation was provided by General Mills. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of General Mills.
When I was a little girl, “Christmas Time” with my family was so special, and they are my favorite memories. We might not have had much, but my mom always made sure we did our traditions. She was unable to buy us gifts but always bought us stuff for our STOCKINGS. So on Christmas morning we would jump in my mom’s bed and open our stockings. Then we would go to Grandma and Grandpa’s house where we would get our Santa gift. We grew up thinking Santa wasn’t able to find our house since we moved so much so he would always deliver at grandparents.
When I got older the truth came out….my grandparents WERE Santa. Some years we would stay the night at Grandma’s, and we would make cookies for Santa. I took that tradition and NOW, I bake cookies with my kids on Christmas Eve for Santa and his reindeer.
My family LOVES holidays (especially my daughter) and we have a couple of other traditions I would love to share with our readers. We start the day after Thanksgiving, we head to storage and get our Christmas boxes and start decorating.
So we decorate, bake, and I make sure my kids have awesome stockings to open on Christmas morning. I learned a lot from my mom and grandma, thank you! I do hope my kids continue the traditions with their children plus create their own.
My daughter loves wearing her Elf PJ’s while making our NEW TRADITION for Christmas Eve- Santa Smoothie- see recipe below!
Okay so this year my healthy 12-year old says….we need to do something different this year for Santa. He gets so many cookies, and I want him to remember us so let’s make him a SMOOTHIE. Huh…what no cookies. That threw me a bit but OKAY the holiday is for kids, and she still believes in Santa, so if she wants to make a smoothie well that is what we will do!
So we thought about it, and she came up with a SANTA SMOOTHIE.
My daughter loves smoothies, so this didn’t surprise me, and you can use any ingredients, but Strawberry/Banana is her favorite. She wanted to add Candy Cane, and it worked!
- One Banana
- 1/2 cup of Strawberries (we used frozen)
- Single Serve Yopliat Yogurt (we used French Vanilla)
- Couple drops of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup of Milk (any kind)
- 1/2 cup of General Mills Cookie Crisp (Holiday Sprinkles)
Set out for Santa: Make sure to set out reindeer food too! I always light a candle for him too.
General Mills wants to know how our readers celebrate the people who make the season so special? We are excited to host a giveaway for our readers, for a chance to win a Betty Crocker Big Red Cookbook and a $25 Visa gift card.
Why… because for 150 years, General Mills and its family of brands has served the world by making food people love and inspiring holiday traditions. The holiday season is all about celebration. So this year, General Mills is celebrating the keepers of holiday traditions and encouraging everyone to share their #HolidayTraditions.
Who is the keeper of your holiday traditions? Share your holiday traditions by uploading your photos here or by using #holidaytraditions and tagging @GeneralMills on Twitter or Instagram!
HOW TO ENTER: Earn a point for each entry- leave a comment on blog
- Post on Twitter a Holiday Tradition picture and use the hashtag #HolidayTraditions and tag @GeneralMills (comment with URL of tweet)
- Post on Instagram a Holiday Tradition picture and use the hashtag #HolidayTraditions and tag @GeneralMills (comment with URL of Instagram)
- Visit General Mills #HolidayTraditions page and let us know something you learned while visiting the site (leave a comment below)
- Post a Holiday Picture on General Mills #HolidayTraditions page (comment below you did)
- Follow General Mills on Twitter (comment with your twitter name)
- Follow General Mills on Instagram (comment with your Instagram name)
- Let us know your favorite Holiday Tradition in comments below (leave comment on blog)
You have a total of 7 possible entries so make sure you leave a comment for each entry! Good Luck!