We have had so much food around this house lately. I’m kind of looking froward to eating normal food again instead of rich desserts and meats. In that thought today I bought some Borden Cheese to make some of our favorites.
Tonight we went to visit Friendship Santa in our neighborhood. I didnt want to cook a big meal so I made us grilled cheese sandwiches. I used to make them all the time with a cup of tomato soup. Been awhile since I made them so I used these Grilled Cheese melts. Goodness they were beyond deliciousness!
Tomorrow night I am planning on burgers and my loaded bakes potato casserole. Recipe as follows:
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 12 slices of cook bacon, crumbled and divided in half
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- In a large pot, boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender. Drain well and return the potatoes to the pot. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add sour cream, butter, milk, salt, pepper, bouillon, garlic salt and garlic powder to the pot of potatoes. Mix well.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and half of the bacon.
- Pour potatoes into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with the remaining cheddar cheese, and bacon. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions and serve.
So when you get tired of all the rich and wonderful goodies, grab some Borden Cheese and cook up some cheesy goodness!