Our Favorite Game Day Recipes featuring @HormelFoods Chili
The “Big Game” is fast approaching, and I’ve been thinking lately about what our game day menu will be this year. I know I want something easy, comforting, and warm. What comes to my mind is…Chili. I know I can make some game-day food that my family and friends will love. Now I’m not the biggest football fan, but I sure do love to throw a party so let’s get to planning.
Usually, around the game time the weather is a bit cold so why not warm it up with Hormel Chili, my favorite. Hormel Chili is comfort food and so easy to make. We want to share our 3 favorite game day recipes. Since these recipes are super easy and quick to make then, I can have more family time or sneak into my room and read (they won’t miss me, right?).
So are you looking for the perfect game-day recipe? We got you! You need to try these chili dishes below because they are perfect for game day parties plus family fun nights at our house.
This recipe is easy and so tasty! I put this out before the game starts so everyone can get pepper as an appetizer
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 (15-ounce) can HORMEL® Vegetarian Chili With Beans
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed baked Cheddar-flavored tortilla chips
- ½ cup CHI-CHI’S® salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise, leaving stem ends intact. Remove seeds.
- 3. In large bowl, combine chili, cheese, chips, salsa and cilantro; mix well. Divide chili mixture evenly among bell pepper halves.
- 4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until bell peppers are roasted and filling is hot and bubbly. Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.
What would a party be without Chips and Cheese- please and throw some chili in there, makes the favorite appetizer of the night
- 1 (15-ounce) can HORMEL® Chili No Beans
- 1 (1-pound) package pasteurized prepared cheese product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, stir together chili and cheese product; cover. Microwave on HIGH (100%); stirring once, 4½ to 5 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Serve with corn chips, if desired.
Then we have our favorite dish; Chili Cheese Dogs is my kid’s favorite and I’m sure a couple of adults too!
- 1 can (25 oz) chili, heated
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Crescents
- 8 Cheddar cheese sticks
- 8 all-beef hot dogs
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- 2. Heat Chili in pot then pour hot chili into greased baking dish spread evenly.
- 3. Wrap crescent dough strip around cheese and hot dog Repeat with remaining dough strips, cheese sticks and hot dogs.
- 4, Place wrapped hot dogs on top of hot chili.
- 5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until dough is light golden brown.
Please let us know what you like to make with Hormel Chili!