First Alert has this carbon monoxide alarm that has a 10 year life with no battery replacements. This was a house-warming gift for my daughter and son-in-law. They may not think about carbon monoxide poisoning but it is often referred to as the “silent killer.” They just purchased a new home and I wanted to try to protect them.
Carbon monoxide is the leading cause of deaths attributed to poison in the United States and First Alert wants to help protect you and your family. It is odorless, invisible and extremely dangerous. It can be emitted from appliances around the house or from your car. Even though you can not see or smell carbon monoxide, at heightened levels it is deadly.
First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarms and First Alert Carbon Monoxide Detectors can greatly assist in detecting and identifying CO threats and give you ample amounts of time to evacuate your home. It is easily attached to your wall and you can turn it on before you mount to the wall.
The bright display gives you the ability to see the digital read out day or night. It uses an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor which just happens to be the most accurate technology available. The convenient peak function captures and allows you to retrieve the highest level recorded in your home. This can also be helpful in case you do have an incident in your home, this information can shared with emergency or hospital staff if needed.
As you can tell from the video I made below that when there is danger the alarm is loud enough and persistent enough to wake you up and alert the entire family. It is a loud 85 DB alarm that rings out loud and proud if levels are detected at dangerous levels.I really like the loud alarm and the bright display. I feel just a little bit safer knowing that my daughter and son-in-law will have this.