Does it sometimes feel like you are in an epic battle with your hair? Wrestling through knots and hacking away at unruly tangles? Here are some easy, simply, salon recommended tips from the team at brisbane hair salon; Unsurpassble, that will help you get the upper hand when it comes to fighting those stubborn locks!
When it comes to winning any fight it is important to know where to start. When brushing hair, the majority of people start at the crown and brush downward towards the ends. Contrary to this popular belief, the best way to brush your hair is to begin at the bottom and slowly work your way up to the roots. Separate your hair into manageable sections and repeat this process. Hair maintenance can be frustrating at times but remember the motto: Keep Calm and Brush Gently! This will help you stop breakage and avoid causing the friction that creates problematic split ends.
Another important element when taming your knots is to carefully consider your weapon of choice. Different brushes have different uses and purposes. Only use a bristled hairbrush on dry hair. Wet hair is fragile and vulnerable to damage, so when working with wet hair, it is imperative that you use a wide tooth comb or an afro comb to reduce harm.
Now, we’re going to let you in on a little hair salon secret. You can remove the bulk of your knots and save yourself time and hassle by combing your hair in the shower while waiting for you treatment/conditioner to set. For this reason we advise to always keep a comb easily accessible to you in your shower.
When it feels like it’s you against a world of knots, don’t hesitate to acquire a little help! Leave-in hair moisturizer is your ally and detangle spray is your mane squeeze. If needed, spend some time working your way through your hair while it is still wet. Your leave-in conditioner will expedite your hair brushing sessions and leave your locks feeling silky smooth.
Detangling Those Knots
If your hair is past the preventative stage, there are a few key steps to follow in order to save you the frustration that may result in a buzz cut!
- Isolate the knot. It is possible to find the knotty areas by running your fingers through your hair. Use a hair clip to section off multiple knots.
- Hold the knot at the roots. If the knot is halfway down your hair, hold it on the side closest to your roots. This will make it less painful as you start to detangle.
- Use your Fingers. If possible, try and gently pull out as much hair from the knot with your fingers first. This should help to reduce breakages
- Wet your hair and apply conditioner. Allow your product to sink in for a few minutes and continue to lightly try and massage out the knot.
- Comb it. Once you think you have done as much as you can with your hands. Work your wide tooth comb through the knot. Remember to hold the knot on the root side and try to avoid pulling at the knot.
If you tried all of these suggestions but have still failed to deknot the disaster that was once was your pride and joy, perhaps a trip to the hair salon is in order. Your hair stylist can more than likely fix the worst of tangles. If not, perhaps it’s time for a shorter do!
Give our suggestions a try for yourself and be free to run your fingers through your revolutionized hair. Viva la knot-free hair!