Shopping for fashionable clothes can be overwhelming when there are several options to choose from. Knowing your style and gathering some ideas will make it easier for you find garments that look good on you and bring out your best features. With all the brands, styles, cuts, designs, colors and sizes available, there is something for everyone.
Different people have different figures, shapes and body types. Dressing according to your body type enables you to identify the features that you want to highlight. Outfits can be used to create various appearance illusions, depending on the look that you want to achieve.
- Patterns are essential because of the effect that they have on a person’s dimensions. Vertical lines are known for making people appear to look slimmer while horizontal stripes usually widen the frame.
- Brighter patterns are likely to draw attention and can be used to emphasize different parts of the body such as the upper torso.
- If you want to be more subtle, solid and dark pieces are effective. Paring bright patterns with dark pieces creates an interesting contrast.
Identify the colors that complement your complexion and skin tone. Combine colors that look good together and find hues that make you look and feel good. Your wardrobe should consist of some neutral colors that can be worn together or paired with vibrant colors.
Looser clothing minimizes definition and a tighter fit will accentuate your curves. Whenever you want to shop for clothing, it is a good idea to take your measurements. Knowing your proportions is important whether you are buying clothes at a department store or having them tailored. View wallets for women here.
- Ensure that all the clothing you wear fits. This is a vital aspect of choosing clothes. Garments that fit you well even when the style is outdated are more visually appealing than a modern style that does not fit or flatter your shape.
- Buy clothes that currently look good on you rather than planning for the next season or event. Even if you have plans to lose or gain weight to fit into your clothes, it is a good idea to shop according to the figure and shape you currently have. This will prevent you from spending money on items that you may never get a chance to wear.
- If an item does not fit, choose a different size or pick something else. Whether the clothes you try on are too tight or baggy, it is important to pick the right size and focus on your current image.
- An important step towards making sure that your clothes have a flattering effect is to not only observe how they look from the front but from the back as well. Something that fits perfectly at the front may look drastically different when you turn around.
Trends are useful guides that can help you keep up with the world of fashion but if a new style is not flattering on you, avoid wearing it. Work on developing your style and incorporating trends that suit you and work for your figure.
Linda Herman is a fashion editor and writer. She has more than 10 years of experience of working in the media and fashion industry. While not busy sharing fashion advice with her readers, she likes to spend quality time with her family. Visit www.travelgearlab.com for more information.