Do you have a lot of papers laying around the house, desk, bedroom, or even in the kitchen? It might be time to PURGE! I have papers everywhere, not all my fault, but I do tend to hold onto paper for a long time. Here is how I started organizing all this crazy paperwork around the house.
- Begin with the FILE CABINET (I have a file basket)
- Then move to the piles of paper around the house.
- Time to organize all the papers into piles:
- Keep: Important
- Maybe: You want to keep but WHY?
- Throw Away
Okay, now you have your papers sorted. Time to PURGE! We know the relevant documents will need to be filed away. The maybe pile, please go through and only keep what is needed. Some of the information can be found online- so toss it!
I made file folders for the paperwork I want to keep:
- TO DO
- TO PAY
- TO READ
Then I filed away all the papers. If I have old files then they go into storage, I need to keep tax and medical papers, but they don’t have to be in my FILE BOX. I just want recent items in my file folders.
Now for the FUN part…..SHREDDING all papers we don’t want! I shred everything because I’m afraid of theft. We have neighbourhood dumpster divers that go through our cans weekly, and I just want to protect my identity. Plus I can get more stuff in my recycling bin when I shred. I shred everything that has personal info like your name, address, phone numbers, social security number, and bank numbers.
For examples to shred:
- atm receipts
- credit card statements
- airline tickets
- and other purchase receipts that I don’t have to keep
What kind of Shredder do I have?
I have a Fellowes Powershed M- 12C. I love it lot. It is the world’s toughest shredder. It has so many neat features, and it does the job amazingly. This shredder is a cross cut paper shredder that can cut 12 sheets into approximately 302 particles per sheet. It has a continuous run time; it will shred up to 5 minutes before the auto cool down happens. The M-12C is a reliable shredder with a durable motor and steel cutter. Also, it is very powerful but has a SafeSense Technology, the electronic safety sensor surrounds the paper entry and automatically disables the shredder when the hand touches the paper opening.
I love how FAST, EASY and SAFE the Fellowes Powershed M- 12C shredder works.
- The ability to shred credit cards, paper clips, staples and junk mail for added convenience
- Cross-Cut blades that destroy 12 sheets of paper into approximately 302 particles per sheet for greater security
- SafeSense® Technology which automatically disables the shredder when hands touch the paper opening
- A 5 minute run time before automatic cool down