There are different types of assignment work that you are supposed to do as a student. One important sort of academic work is the report writing task. Many of you who are not strictly aware about the literal meaning of the terms that are used in the English language tend to use the term report writing, synonymously with the essay writing. Though the two share certain similarities yet you need to understand that the two are entirely different having their own rules and regulations to follow. You might be wondering about the importance of the need to know the difference between the two when at the end of the day both are concerned with writing. However, it is vital to know the difference if you wish to write a report effectively.
This article intends to make you aware about the basic features of the report writing. These are as follows:
- Title section: In the very beginning you need to add in a title section that includes the information about the authors and the dates of preparation or in some cases even the table of contents and a definitions f terms.
- Summary: You are also supposed to write down the summary of the major points, the conclusion and the recommendations. There are many reader of your report who will be paying more than required attention while reading your report and will not be bothering much while reading the actual report. Some might skim through the report after having read the summary. So be extra cautious while writing the summary of the report.
- Formal: Report writing is more formal way of expressing in words as compared to the essay writing. It has a more formal touch to it. Moreover, it has more to do with the corporate and official presentation unlike the essay which is more concerned with the academics.
- Three sections: You are supposed to divide the report writing into three parts, namely, introduction, body and conclusion each dealing with their own set of information to cover. These three essentials of report writing need to be kept formal yet attractive at the same time.
- Recommendations: In report writing you need to explain in brief your recommendations by neatly putting them in order of the priority. All this needs ti be done in simple and formal English language.
- Appendices: Do not forget to include appendices, which includes the relevant information that the professionals in the field will be reading. This is inclusive of all the technical details that can most closely support the conclusions that you have derived.
- Tip: One tip that you can use in order to effectively write a report is that make use of the simple English language while preparing it instead of going in for the use of flowery language.
All in all, these are the basic points that you need to keep in mind while preparing a report. This will help you to effectively write a report and distinguish essay writing from report writing. You can also seek help from https://gpalabs.com/report.html.