If you’ve always wanted to do something with your bathroom but you thought it would be too expensive, I am here to tell you that it is possible to make your bathroom new again without getting a second mortgage. Yes, while it would cost an arm and a leg to get a complete bathroom remodel, oftentimes, the bathroom can look like a new room with a few simple touch ups. Here are some easy ways to renovate your bathroom without actually completely renovating it:
- Get a New Mirror: An easy way to renovate your bathroom without actually renovating your bathroom is by buying new bathroom mirrors. Consider the style of bathroom you want for your home and it shouldn’t be too hard to find a mirror that matches it. Kudos if you can find one that makes you look great first thing in the morning too.
- Get a New Sink: I highly recommend that you buy a double sink. One sink is not meant for two people. In fact, I have seen people break up over the bathroom sink in the morning. Do your relationship a favor and buy a double sink. That way neither one will yell at each other over whose hair that is.
- Get a Storage Unit: Not only will the storage unit give you some extra space to store those toiletries and other items; it can look decorative too. You can easily find a pretty decent free-standing storage unit for cheap at an antique store or thrift shop.
- Get a Low-Flow Showerhead: Don’t let that episode of Seinfeld tell you otherwise. A low-flow showerhead can help you save money on your energy bill so you can buy those more expensive items for your bathroom.
- Get a New Toilet Seat: This probably has some aesthetic value, but this is more about comfort. If you’ve had your toilet seat for a while, you know what I mean.
- Get a New Shower Curtain: Even if you’re diligent about cleaning, you’ll most likely get mold on your shower curtain. Mold just loves water. Luckily, finding a stylish shower curtain is extremely easy and very affordable. There’s no reason why you should spend more than $100 on a new shower curtain.
- Get New Mats and Towels: The same holds true for new mats and decorative towels. Overtime, these bathroom items will get dirty. If you’re looking to change the colors in your bathroom or want to do some spring cleaning, start with those mats and towels. Again, you can usually find these for pretty cheap.
- Re-caulk: This is another must because no matter what you do, you’ll never be able to clean off all of the grime around the caulk in your toilet and bathtub. Luckily, it is incredibly inexpensive to re-caulk these areas. This is something you might want to ask the husband to do though. Let him get his hands dirty.
See what I mean. All of these things are not very hard and can be done over a day. You’ll be amazed how much they will make your bathroom look new again.