One thing I love is TAQUITOS….I can eat these every day if I could but I can’t. However, every couple weeks I make them for my family. They are always a hit in my house. What I like the most is how EASY they are to make! Now since the FRIED part isn’t too healthy, I will pick up organic chicken like Wild Planet Foods Organic Roasted Chicken Breast.
- Chicken breast shredded
- Cream Cheese (flavored or not)
- Corn Tortillas
- Combine the shredded chicken and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Fill the tortillas with the mix-Spread about one heaping tablespoon of the chicken.
- Roll tightly to form the taquito starting at the filled side of the tortilla.
- Time for deep fryer (make sure its hot enough) Place seamed side down when placing in the basket.
- Fry for couple minutes- I pulled them out when they got light brown.
- Place on paper towel to get the oil the drips off.
What do you want as a side…..black beans and rice. We love cilantro rice when I serve this, but my hubby said next time he wants blacks beans too so I will add that. Plus make sure you have hot or taco sauce for those who want an extra blast. Also another item you can add to the chicken mix is chunky salsa. You can also BAKE them…maybe i will try that next time.
Wild Planet Foods is happy to announce that it has added the first non-seafood item to its product line: Organic Roasted Chicken Breast!
An entirely sustainable product, the Organic Roasted Chicken Breast contains only two ingredients—skinless, boneless chicken breast seasoned with sea salt. This pure, premium chicken features USDA certified organic free range chicken raised on an organic diet — including non-GMO corn grown on land that is free of chemical fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides.
With a delicious rotisserie taste, the Organic Roasted Chicken Breast is perfect for sandwiches, soups, burritos, or salads. Wild Planet’s Organic Roasted Chicken is available nationwide in supermarkets and natural food stores for an MSRP of $5.49.