The environment is an essential component to lead our life. Owning a vehicle is a necessity these days but we cannot ignore the Mother Nature. We can protect the environment by adopting tips of regular vehicle maintenance and better driving habits.
The following suggestions are-
- Engine– Make your engine running at maximum performance to conserve fuel. Regular maintenance of your vehicle is important. You must go for timely service of the vehicle to keep a regular check on the engine. If the timely service is not done, then it can emit gasses that cause harm to the environment.
- Service station must be authorized– Vehicle must be serviced in an authorized repair center. The service of your vehicle from the certified place is important so that the engineers can do the service efficiently in order to increase the efficiency of the engine and car. When the efficiency of your car is increased, so it will also protect the environment from air and noise pollution.
- Car tires– Keep your tire check regularly that it has required pressure or not. Under inflated tires exert more pressure on the engine to work harder. It also uses more fuel. So, it is very important to regularly check the air pressure in your car tires.
- Air conditioners– Please make your car air conditioner service only by qualified technicians as they are certified to handle air conditioner with care and recycle refrigerants. Older air conditioners contain ozone -depleting chemicals that are released into the atmosphere. So, proper service of the air conditioner is necessary.
- Toxic switches-Some older vehicles have switches that have toxic mercury. Mercury activates hood, glove- box lights and torso. Now a day, repair centers host mercury “switch out” programs that remove environmentally toxic parts. They are recycled and replaced with non-toxic mechanical switches.
- Avoid “jack rabbit” and abrupt acceleration– Starting your vehicle suddenly with jack rabbit and rapid acceleration can guzzle gas. Don’t speed your car above permissible limits.
- Properly dispose of engine fluids and batteries– During servicing of your vehicle, you must have the information how can engine fluids and batteries can be disposed of safely. You can gain all the information from local government waste management department. Take care not to dispose on the ground or in any way that can pollute groundwater, streams, and lakes.
So, it is quite important to take care of your vehicle for saving the earth. Head to West Valley Chrysler Jeep and check out their earth friendly cars.