Have you been wanting to add healthier options for what you are eating feeding to your family? Well I have been adding things here and there as i find them. My family doesn’t eat pasta much but I have been looking for a healthier version of pasta sauce because we use it for more then just pasta sauce. I use my Pasta sauce to put on pizzas for different flavors, hoagies, really anything I want to add. I have found a company that is making pasta sauce with very unusual fresh ingredients that i have never thought about using. It is Dave’s Gourmet Pasta Sauce.
Dave’s Gourmet Pasta Sauce is a very versatile sauce, it is not just for pasta but also, soups, stew, and many more. USA Love List had all their employees try Dave’s Gourmet Pasta Sauce and they all loved it. You can read their review on their site USA Love List. Dave’s Gourmet Sauces are all made with the finest ingredients and the fact that you can use them for more than just pasta sauce is excellent. I love to have a product that has more than one use. I have used the Wild Mushroom for pizza and it makes my pizza taste like a steak sandwich. Dave’s Gourmet Has tons of recipes for you to use with their sauces. Below are just a few of the awesome recipes that they have.
Pappardelle with Dave’s Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce:
Preparation time: :30 (approximately)
1 bottle Dave’s Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce 1 pound bulk mild Italian sausage (If you cannot get bulk sausage, you may remove sausage from links.) 1 pound pappardelle 3 oz. crumbled bleu cheese
In a 4 quart pot, boil water for pappardelle. Meanwhile, brown sausage in a 10 inch skillet, separating any clumps. Drain excess fat. Add pappardelle to boiling water. Boil according to package directions. In a microwave safe boil, heat pasta sauce. When pappardelle is done, drain well, toss with pasta sauce and sausage and top with crumbled bleu cheese.
Serving ideas: serve with arugula and cherry tomato salad tossed with a simple vinaigrette dressing.
Recipe by Gwen Kaufman
Butternut Squash Veggie Lasagna
by: Chris Friz
2 cups Cous Cous (3 boxes of Far East brand)
25.5 oz (1 jar) Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce (sweet Maui)
1/2 cup diced medium size Yellow Onion chopped
2 tbsp Fresh Sage, minced
4 Large Brown Eggs
2 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
1/2 cup Olive Oil
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
8 oz Mushrooms (white or crimini), chopped
5 large Zucchinis
1 lb. Ground Turkey or Chicken
2 cups Mozzarella Cheese 15 oz Ricotta Cheese 1 cup Bread Crumbs
1. Cut Zucchini lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick strips.
2. Lay out the pieces of Zucchini on paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Zucchini will start to sweat and release liquid. After about 10 minutes flip them and repeat step 2.
4. Add 1/2 of your olive oil to a medium sized stock pot and sweat onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
5. Add all the cous cous to the pot and 2 1/2 cups chicken stock and bring to a boil.
6. Cover pot and reduce to simmer and let sit for 5 minutes until cous cous has absorbed moisture.
7. After cous cous has finished cooking stir in 4 large eggs. (This will help the lasagna stay together)
8. Check your Zucchini again and dab off any remaining moisture with a paper towel.
9. Preheat oven to 375 F. For easy cleanup line a 9×13 baking dish with tin foil.
10. In a large skillet brown 1 lb. ground turkey or chicken (salt and pepper to taste).
11. When meat is done browning add whole jar of Dave’s Gourmet Butternut sauce and chopped sage.
12. Time to layer up your Lasagna. 1/3 meaty sauce, 1/2 ricotta, 1/2 cous cous, 1/2 zucchini, 1/3 meaty sauce, 1/2 ricotta, 1/2 zucchini, 1/2 cous cous, 1/3 meaty sauce, all the mozzarella and bread crumbs.
13. Place in the on middle rack of the oven at 375 F for 35-45 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
This recipe is next on my list to try the Butternut Squash Veggie Lasagna it sounds so good and healthy.
The great people of Dave’s Gourmet Pasta Sauce is giving one of my winners the opportunity to WIN a gift basket with 6 of their award winning sauces a $50.00 value to one lucky winner.Here is a list of the sauces that will be in the gift basket
- Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Organic Red Heirloom Pasta Sauce
- Organic Roasted Garlic & Sweet Basil Pasta Sauce
- Wild Mushroom Pasta Sauce
- Masala Marinara Pasta Sauce
- Organic Spicy Heirloom Marinara Pasta Sauce
Enter the form Below for your chance to win