If you want to save your fuel, it is of utmost importance to ensure that your car has properly inflated tires. It is said that a car with proper tires can save up to 10% of the fuel. In fact, it is also said that accidents can be prevented on city streets and highways. Cars will definitely execute better performance when the pressure of the tires is inflated properly.
Tire pressure must be inspected on a regular basis all through the year
Each during the National Tire Pressure week, a large number of auto industry experts, car dealers like Patrick Dealer Group and others, car manufacturers and service provider join together to educate the people regarding the importance of maintaining the optimal pressure of car tires. This is not just a matter of a few days, but you have to take care all through the year.
What are the tips you need to consider?
- You must always keep a tire gauge handy in your car
- It is always advisable to examine the tire pressure once a month. This is mandatory before every long road trip you take.
- It is also suggested to evaluate the alignment of the vehicle once in six months
- Rotate the car tires every 5000 to 6000 miles
- The balance of the tires must also be checked
- Overloading the vehicle is a big no as it can render excessive heat inside the tires
- The tire thread must be inspected
- Tire sidewalls must be examined to ensure that are no cuts and irregularities.
Be wise enough to maintain the tire pressure of your car
You need to make smart and wise decisions in respect to the maintenance of the tire pressure. It will protect you and your family from road accidents and is also safe for other pedestrians on the road. The gasoline saving benefit is the most highlighting aspects. When the tires are inflated properly with the right volume of pressure, you can have the best grip on the road.
How pressure plays a vital role?
Moreover, the over-inflated tires will start to show signs of wearing fast in the center of the tires. On the other hand, the under-inflated car tires shows wear and tear, outside the tire. It is always recommended to check the tire pressure before you set your journey for a long trip. You have to ensure that the spare tire you carry in case of the emergency situations is inflated properly.