I grew up on eating SALMON so I know how healthy and good it is for you, so I’m trying to get my kids to enjoy Salmon, but we are having issues! They say they don’t like seafood. I need to break them of this because eating two or three servings of fish a week is a simple way to improve your health. Salmon is one of the most nutritious types of fish to add to your diet. It supplies iron, zinc, niacin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12, in addition to a whole host of other nutrients you need. Geesh Kids!
I want them to know how beneficial Salmon is:
- Help support brain function by improving memory – as well as boosting eye health. Both my kids need that- both wear glasses and they seem to always lose their mind. I’m tired of hearing….I forgot, I don’t know, not sure!
- Fantastic for healthy hair, skin, nails and bones. Well, they are at the age of acne…just saying!
- Okay, this one is for me: can be beneficial for sore joints. It’s getting harder and harder to get off the couch or out of the car.
- One of the few dietary sources of vitamin D available. When I told them this, they said they would go outside more! No, you won’t so let’s eat SALMON.
- This is for when they get older- the omega-3 fats can help prevent heart disease.
Now not sure if you know how I cook but as easy as I can! I’m not the kind who likes to spend hours in the kitchen if you saw how small my kitchen is you would understand. I checked out Bumble Bee SuperFresh® in the fresh frozen seafood products at my local store.
So how am I going to introduce these munchkins to FISH! I plan to cook with my favorite brand Bumble Bee SuperFresh® and we will be making the Salmon with Garden Pesto. Kids love pesto, so I know if I have a familiar taste then they will at least try it! This also has Parmesan cheese, basil, almonds, and a touch of garlic. The Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garden Pesto, is so flavorful and has no preservatives and has all natural ingredients.
On the package, it tells me how to cook it, so that makes it so easy!
- Preheat oven to 425
- Peel back one of the E-Z peel corners of the vac-pac and remove the fillet
- Slip the filet into it’s parchment – make sure the seasoned side up
- Now cook for 22 miutes!
- Open the parchment carefully- steam will be hot.
- Pair with your favorite side dish.
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped, (about ½ cup)
- 1 packet Sazon
- 1 packet Chicken Bouillon
- 1 cup Extra long Grain Rice
Super easy to cook the Spanish Rice– Cook rice in a skillet with the olive oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Make sure to stir a couple times, until the rice is golden brown. Then stir in remaining ingredients (above), heat to boiling, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Bumble Bee SuperFresh® products are fresh and convenient, making it easy for you to make exciting recipes with ease, even during the busy holiday season.
All their seafood is no mess, and no fuss; just pure perfection, time after time. Our premium Salmon and Tilapia come with their parchment paper baking pouch and go from freezer to table in under 25 minutes. High in protein, richly seasoned with pure and simple ingredients that let our fish shine through!
Bumble Bee SuperFresh® smells and tastes amazing. No fishy smells here. Because you prepare Bumble Bee SuperFresh® straight from the freezer, there isn’t any smell associated with thawing fish. And the frozen protein has stayed that way from harvest to your oven unlike most of the “fresh” fish you find at the seafood counter. That means it is fresh tasting, and fresh smelling.
My kitchen didn’t smell fishy while, baking the fish in the oven.
Now, my kids, they loved the taste and will try it again they told me. So I feel like I accomplished something with my kids and their eating habits- GO, MOM! Thanks to Bumble Bee SuperFresh® too, I don’ think I could have pulled this off without you!
I plan to make the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper & Herbs (next week) which is combined with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, shallots, black pepper and other natural ingredients; the recipe brings out the clean, fresh flavor of premium tilapia. I’m going to introduce fish into my kid’s diet…no matter what and they are going to like it!
Please check out more about Bumble Bee SuperFresh® products and let me know what product you want to try, leave us a comment below!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.