I have two yummy recipes I want to share with you. They are very easy to make and taste so good. I have been on a search for new recipes to make for my family and these two are differently winners with them. Below are the recipes, I hope you and your family enjoy them as much as we did!
Brown Sugar Candy Chicken
- 6-8 Chicken Thighs ( I used Boneless Chicken Breasts)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup lemon Lime Soda ( I used 7 UP)
- 2/3 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Place the Chicken in the crock pot and cover it with brown sugar, pepper, garlic and soy sauce. (I Mixed all my ingredients together instead, and sprinkled Brown sugar on the chicken also)
- Add the vinegar and soda. ( I also Mixed this with everything else)
- Cover the pot and cook on low for 9 hours or high 4-5 hours.
For our side dish I made this.
Orzo with Parmesan and Basil
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup Orzo
- 3 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 6 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Basil
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the Orzo and saute for a few minutes, until the orzo starts to get golden brown.
- Add the broth and cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the broth has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat, add the Basil, Parmesan Cheese, Salt and Pepper.
These are really easy dishes to make and taste so good.
You can Find the Brown Sugar Candy Chicken HERE
Orzo with Parmesan and Basil HERE