Giving books and getting books is a great holiday experience. I love books! Though I don’t always have time to read, I love to get them, and love even more, to give them. I have two books to talk to you about today, so read on to find out more!
“You can’t judge a book by its cover,” is something we have all heard, but to he honest, the cover of this book drew me in. (I love animals, so I was hooked from the cover!)
Dr. Laurie Hess is a veterinarian, and in this book, she shares her tales as an exotic animal doctor, all while juggling, life, family, friends, health, and a mysterious epidemic.
Dr. Hess is an internationally renowned expert in exotic and avian medical care. This book narrates a hectic, life changing week at the Veterinary Center for Birds and Exotics in Bedford Hills New York. As a matter of fact, Dr. Hess is the founder and owner of the Veterinary Center, and it’s the one and only exotic animal hospital in that area.
In this book Dr. Hess discusses
- Her life with Type One Diabetes and how she learned to make time for her own health.
- The struggle that comes with a career and how to overcome it.
- Amusing, heartwarming, heartbreaking, and fascinating anecdotes about various animals and their exotic owners.
- Keeping strong relationships with her busy husband and children.
- Expert medical advice on how to care for certain animals and tips on what exotic animals make the best pets.
- How to create close relationships with co-workers, and what to look for in your employees.
- How she and her time looked high and low to find the source of an unknown epidemic in sugar gliders.
Where to buy
The Rift Uprising by Amy S. Foster
Ryn leaves for school each day and unbeknownst to her family reports for duty as a cybernetically-altered soldier that can run faster, jump farther, and fight better than any NAVY Seal. These powers come in handy when axe wielding Vikings or other terrifying beings come through the Rift. Ryn is a fine tuned weapon. A picture perfect citadel.
In this book
This book is far more than the sum of world colliding adventures. Ryn’s quest to protect the Rift is set against real world, life and death stakes. At the book’s heart lies the coming of age story of confronting reality.
About the Author
Amy is a celebrated songwriter (best known for co-writing Michael Bublé’s hit singles “Home” and “Haven’t Met You Yet.”) She has also collaborated with Destiny’s Child, Diana Krall, Josh Groban and a host of other artists. She is also the author of the novel, When Autumn Leaves.
Where to buy