People all over feel that their teenage years were the best years growing up. Once you turned 18 years old, it was as if your time as a teenager was over. Although, what is mostly everyone’s favorite part about being 17 years old? If I had to say, it was more than likely your prom. Prom was the highlight of everyone’s Junior and Seniors of their high school life. Although Senior Prom was just simply the night to remember, a night where you can be wild for your final year of high school. The only thing is, don’t you wish that you knew certain things back when you were at that age? That question lurks the minds of a lot of individuals as the years go on.
7 Facts That Would Have Mattered At The Age Of 17
Well, it’s time you knew those particular facts that you have always wanted to know. So check out the helpful facts that are listed below:
- Lipstick – it all comes down to picking the right shade of lipstick. Yellow-based lipstick tends to highlight the yellow in your teeth, even if your teeth are relatively white. Softer pinks photograph well.
- Dentist Check-In – I may have thought cavities were just for kids, but teenagers get cavities all the time. Keeping up with twice yearly dentist appointments can also prevent any underlying issues from getting out of control.
- Bronzer – applying bronzer will automatically make your teeth appear whiter. Just don’t overdo it – you don’t want your face to look too dark or unnaturally tanned. Mix a little bronzing lotion into your face cream before smoothing it over your skin.
- Teeth whitening – depending on what product you use, start whitening your teeth a few months in advance of when you plan to show them off. Pay attention to your body and don’t leave white strips on for too long to prevent sensitivity.
- Avoid Stainable Beverages – cut back on drinking coffee and tea, which will stain your teeth. You’ll be glad you did 20 years from now!
- Fresh Breath Emergency Kit – as an extra precaution, having a dental emergency kit on hand is always a good idea. Pack a toothbrush, toothpaste, mints and floss to ensure you have fresh breath at all times.
- Be In The Moment – find a dress, shoes, etc. that you absolutely love & can dance in, no matter how trendy – every aspect of prom is just about being in the moment. In five or ten years, it really won’t matter what you wore or who your date was, as long as it felt right and made you smile at the time!
Great Expressions Dental Centers Throwback Prom Photo Contest
The Great Expressions Dental Centers (GEDC) Throwback Prom Photo Contest is a chance for you to show off your prom pictures of the past. If you post your throwback prom photos on the GEDC Facebook page, you will have a chance to win the grand prize. Not only that, but GEDC will be giving away movie bundles to one random winner every week. The grand prize at the end of the month will feature:
- Crest Supreme Advanced Seal WhiteStrips
- 2 AMC Movie Bundles (includes a total of 4 tickets, 4 pop vouchers, & 2 drink vouchers)
- $100 Visa Gift Card
- Full-Size Crest Pro-Health Mouthwash
- Listerine Professional Bundle w/ mouthwash & floss
- 2 Crest Spinbrushes (Princess & Star Wars)
- Crest Sensi Strips
- Crest Toothpaste
- GEDC Lip Balms
- GEDC Playing Cards
- GEDC Water Bottle
You can show off your Throwback Prom Picture for everyone to see. Also, don’t forget to check out those fantastic tips above as well.