So what can you do to make sure your home is safe and sound? Thanks to some advances made in home security systems, there are now a few more tricks to be used, and many include products not usually associated with home protection. Here are the new and the old!
- Lighting – People living in darkness hate the light! The lighting in your home can be a deterrent to vandalism or burglary. When the lights are connected to a home security system, they will flash when sensors are tripped. They can also be set up to turn on and off in a random pattern to make an unoccupied home looked lived in. If looking for security doors in Perth, get them right the first time.
- Motorized Shading – Just like lights that turn on and off in a random pattern to give a home that lived-in look, so can motorized window shading move up and down. Motorized window solutions can also be utilized to protect your privacy by lowering on command from a keypad or a remote.
- Intercoms – The basic act of being able to see who is at your front door before actually going to it is a highly effective security measure. Plus, because many intercoms have built-in cameras, you’ll be able to identify the visitor visually. Look out for intercoms which can be accessed remotely, so you can talk to somebody even when you’re away from home.
- Surveillance cameras – Cameras that let you visually inspect areas in and around your home should be at the top of your list when it comes to security. Thieves hate them! They will give you peace of mind alone, but when connected to a full home security system, they can be used to film snapshots of live video feed to your smartphone, or other electronic device when motion is detected.
- Audio system – Yes, you bought that audio system to play tunes in your house, but it can also be used when required to protect your home by blasting over the same speakers, pre-recorded verbal warnings like “get out of here!” or a big dog barking, any time a sensor detects that someone is where they shouldn’t be.
- Security doors – These are now being preferred by offices and shops plus other commercial places. In a home or store, thieves could get through normal doors and windows to steal something. Should you be wise enough to install security doors in Perth, W. Australia, select a company that you can trust, and with the experience and know how to get it right the very first time. Because of this, you need to have a security door to help you keep your family and business safe. Top quality high-security doors will definitely help to provide you with the greatest level of protection against home break-ins.
- Dog – Yes, a good old fashioned dog (the bigger the better!) is always a good deterrent to anybody who wants to burgle your homes, and also gives you a good friend! Stay safe!