While shooting can be a great sport, whether you’re a hunter or someone who loves heading to the range, it’s important to keep your firearms safe away from children and thieves. It only takes one accident to cause a tragedy, and children rarely know how to handle a gun safely. Fortunately, there are many ways to keep guns safe, and you can find most of the storage options discussed below in this article at a reputable gun shop.
Steelo’s Guns & Outdoors gun shop in Perth is one such establishment that has guns for sale on top of a range of other accessories. In addition, the professional staff who work there will gladly offer expert advice with regards to what the best storage options are for particular types of gun. However, you might want to do your homework before you head to the shop to spend your hard-earned cash.
In reality, shooting supplies such as storage options can be rather expensive, but it’s money well spent if it keeps your firearms safe and potentially saves lives. Below, we’ll talk about seven of the most popular gun storage options so that you can make an informed choice when it comes to making a purchase.
The Most Popular Gun Storage Options
As long as you make sure your guns can’t be accessed when you’re not using them, you can feel confident that your guns and family members will remain safe. Here are seven ways to store your guns safely.
- Trigger locks – Trigger locks are an affordable storage option that prevent your guns from being used by anybody except you. Trigger locks are included in the box with most gun purchases.
- Gun cases – Gun cases are another economical gun storage option, though they’re mainly purposed to prevent your guns from sustaining physical damage. You can fit them with a padlock for extra safety.
- Strong boxes – Strong boxes range in price from around $50 to over $300, and they’re a great way to keep rifles safe while still being portable.
- Security cases – These are very similar to strong boxes, though they’re usually smaller as they’re purposed for pistols. The cost of security cases is often dependent on the level of technology incorporated into them.
- Gun cabinets – Gun cabinets are often large enough to store more than one gun and can be carried up and down the stairs by two people.
- Gun safes – Gun safes provide the most secure storage option for guns and are often built with a heavy-gauge steel.
- Normal safes – You might be able to safely store a pistol in a multi-purpose safe.
Things to Consider
If you’re looking to buy a gun safe due to the fact they’re so secure, you should be aware you might have to spend quite a lot of cash. As a result, you might want to minimize the cost by purchasing a safe that’s only as large as you need from a reputable provider.