If you have never sold gold before, it can seem like you are at a crossroads. Unaware of the best turn to take, all of the information on the web can become overwhelming. We are here to point you in the best direction possible so you can sell your precious gold items and know exactly how to do it confidently.
There are plenty of ways you can get cash for your gold fast. However, some are more reliable and offer a higher return on investment than others. Therefore, it pays to know some valuable information before you start to sell.
The most popular ways you can sell your gold:
- Going to a refinery. Refineries, however, will only purchase items in bulk, so going to them with a few items wouldn’t be worth your time or theirs.
- Pawn stores. Tracking down some decent local jewelers is a great step you can take to get a good price for your gold. It’s wise to search on the BBB (Better Business Bureau) as it’s better to be sure than to be sorry with something as valuable as gold. This will just help you do your own vetting process before you approach any pawn stores/jewelers.
- Biddings sites like EBay offer a great platform for owners of unwanted precious gold to sell their items and earn big bucks.
- Mail-in companies such as Cash4Gold – these fast-track gold buyers will never get you the best deal possible. You will see flashy ads from them everywhere but don’t be tempted!
THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU SELL
Following this checklist will ensure you get a great price for your gold and arm you with the right knowledge to go about business the right way. If, for example, you also have gold jewelry with diamonds on it, a great option is to sell your diamonds in Melbourne at www.goldbuyersmelbourne.com.au. Gold Buyers Melbourne is a credible company with decades of experience.
- Check for antique value: If you wanted to melt, ensure there are no precious stones and craftsmanship signatures that will add further value to your gold items.
- Weigh it yourself first just on an ordinary scale. There are certain websites you can use to estimate the value by converting the weight.
- Keep an eye on the current market value of gold. Gold fluctuates and therefore prices can be temperamental. Always check it’s a good time to sell.
- Shop around: Don’t be quick to settle for a pawn store or jeweler. Get to know some reputable options then start local. Go to at least three stores or brokers before you get a solid estimation of your gold so you can sell confidently going forward.
- Watch out for pop-up stores: These pop-up stores that come one day and are gone the other offer minimal value to sellers. They promise great prices but fail to deliver.
- Checking the credentials of the company you are looking at offering to buy the gold is crucial. A solid buyer with a good reputation won’t hesitate when asked to show you their credentials. If he or she is legit, they will have a license confirming they have the right to sell and buy gold.
Remembering these 6 tips will serve you well when you finally come to sell. Armed with this important knowledge and know-how, you’ll be able to get the best price possible for your gold.