All pet owners can agree that even the most adorable pets can leave behind the most terrible messes.
Here are a few tips from Molly Maid:
- Cleanup and Prevention – Pet stain stress is a thing of the past! Following your pet’s potty accident, immediately apply a paper towel to soak up the mess. Then use dish soap or undiluted soda water to clean up the area. Lastly, use a multi-action enzyme formula to eliminate the odor and prevent any future accidents.
- Say Goodbye to Odor – The worst part about pet odor is that it gets trapped in everything your pet decides to lay on. Whether it is their bed or a family couch, the smell still lingers. A cheap and easy fix to this problem is baking soda. Sprinkle over desired area and let sit for 15 minutes. Once the baking soda has soaked in, vacuum clean, and say goodbye to the unwanted odor.
- Sickness Stains – Pet vomit is the worst and hardest to clean up. First, make sure to remove the solid matter with a paper towel. Then, cover the area in baking soda and salt, and wait until the area is dry. Finish by vacuuming, and blotting with club soda to prevent any residue stains.
- Got Mud? – Having a backyard for your pets to roam free is a blessing, until they bring the whole yard inside with them. Keeping a towel near the door to wipe your pet’s paws is the best way to prevent a mud-spattered carpet.
- Pet Odor Quick Fix – We all know what it’s like when you’re about to have company over and your awful pet’s odor is lingering throughout the house. In those moments, bath time is not an option, but a quick wipe of baking soda to your pet is a quick and easy solution to save the day.