You are ready to start studying, order an essay if needed and move into your accommodation, but are you ready to cook for yourself? Cooking may seem to be expensive and hard, however, it is not so. Following the recipes mentioned below can help you to receive all the nutrients and vitamins your body requires to stay healthy. Moreover, numerous studies shown that food makes us not only healthy but also happy.
Thus, look at the Top 5 simple recipes that every student can follow:
This a simple recipe of the soup that can be ready in 7-10 minutes. It is perfect for a lunch especially in winter when your organism wants some warmth. This speedy soup is full of vegetables and carbohydrates therefore it can boost your energy. Moreover, not to cook it every day, you can put it into a refrigerator and simply heat when needed. Thus, consider cooking in the big saucepans.
It is time to show you the recipe of the Minestrone soup:
- Boil a couple of tomatoes and add some spaghetti. Cook it for 4-6 minutes (better check when it is done).
- Add other vegetables (carrot, potato, red onion, cabbage, pepper, asparagus, celery) and boil. Let it simmer for approximately 2 minutes. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the soup into bowls and drizzle with some pesto or oil (you can add both). In addition, you may sprinkle it with parmesan.
Almost everybody loves potato because there are so many recipes in which this vegetable can be used. Moreover, it is cheap! You may cook jacket potatoes both in a microwave and in an oven. Preparation takes about 7-10 minutes and then you have to wait for about 1.5 hour for potato to be cooked. During this quite a long process of waiting, you can make some home assignments or different things of your interest. We recommend you to try to add some beans as a stuffing. However, you can also add some vegetables to make this dish a healthier option.
- Scrub the potatoes and prick each of them with a fork in a couple of places. Put them to the oven heated to 200C/gas 6. Bake the, for 1.5 hours.
- Cook the celery and carrot on the heated oil for about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, paprika and cook for a further 7 minutes. Add some sauce if you want to.
- Open the potatoes with a knife and put all the vegetables inside. Add beans as well.
A dish full of protein, minerals and vitamins that can be cooked for less than 10 minutes. What can be better? A perfect breakfast could not be easier. Make the omelet with ham and cheese to be active all the day through. In addition, add some tomatoes to make this simple and tasty dish even healthier. Note, if you have a high level of cholesterol, then add less yolks.
- Heat the frying pan with the oil and add a mix of eggs and some seasoning and onions.
- Put ham and cheese on top and cook until you see it is done.
- Put fresh chopped tomatoes and serve the dish hot.
Make your unique granola by adding your favorite nuts, seeds and fruits. It takes 20 minutes to cook this perfect breakfast.
- Cut on the halves some of the pecans and leave some of them whole. Make a mix of oats, seeds, peanuts and a pinch of salt. Pour oil and honey and stir this mixture together to make it smooth.
- Pour it on to a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes (170C/Gas 5). Stir this dish for a couple of times. Wit until this mixture is golden.
- Put it into a large bowl and leave aside (it needs to cool a bit).
This dish came from Mexico. You can serve it as a starter or as a meal. Fajitas are easy to cook and, moreover, they can suit to every taste because you can choose the ingredients. Choose the toppings that are both tasty and affordable for you.
- Mix some salt, pepper, coriander, cumin and cayenne. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the mixture along with peppers and onions. Cook it for 5 minutes. Add chicken or beef (if you are not a vegetarian) and cook for a further 5-7 minutes.
- Put the wraps in to the oven and heat them.
- Serve the table with a wraps’ plate, the bowl with mix and some other toppings such as soured cream or different homemade sauces.