Every homeowner needs to make sure their home is secure because no matter how safe Perth is when compared to other similar-sized cities, it still experiences its fair share of crime. When it really comes down to it, people need to know that their properties are safe, and that’s especially important when they’re out at work or on holiday. Criminals look for easy opportunities, and they often try to break into homes that appear to be vacant.
Security systems in Perth are there to help homeowners make their properties more secure and provide them with the peace of mind that their properties and valuable possessions are protected against criminals. At the very least, every home needs to be fitted with durable locks, but it’s also a good idea to have a variety of other security enhancements installed in conjunction.
Alarm systems work great to deter criminals, and they’re often connected to a security agency that can alert the authorities as soon as somebody attempts to break an entry. However, though alarms are considered by most to be a necessity, they will do little to solve crimes when they do occur.
Security systems by Smart Security include CCTV, which can be an invaluable tool in both preventing crime and catching criminals. Here are five crimes that CCTV can help avoid or solve.
A Simple Way to Make a Home More Secure
Needless to say, some criminals won’t be deterred by CCTV, but at least such a system can help catch them should they do anything they shouldn’t.
- Theft – Of course, the reason most people have CCTV installed is to avoid becoming a victim of theft. Not only will CCTV help prevent theft, it’ll also provide homeowners with video evidence to help make sure thieves are caught.
- Vandalism – Some people will vandalise a home either due to being intoxicated or simply because they’re a menace to society. CCTV will catch vandals in the act.
- Trespassing – Needless to say, homeowners don’t want unknown people walking around on their property without permission, and CCTV will help make sure that doesn’t happen. If people decide to trespass, they’ll be caught on camera.
- Violence – CCTV can help solve violent crimes if cameras can capture footage of the street and other surrounding areas of a property.
- Hit and Run – Many homeowners have no choice but to park their cars on the street, and some reckless drivers may crash into parked cars which often results in damage. Unfortunately, some people will simply drive away if they think their scrape wasn’t seen, but at least the CCTV footage will help homeowners identify the vehicle.
CCTV really is an invaluable home security system because it both prevents criminal acts from taking place and provides useful evidence for when crimes unfortunately occur. Of course, homeowners need to know that their CCTV system is dependable, and that means only the best providers should be contacted for advice.