With summer nearly here, we are all ready to enjoy the pleasures that the wonderful season brings. There are so many different activities and adventures to take pure advantage of thanks to this long awaited season. With summer, you can use that hard-earned vacation time to relax by your backyard pool, visit Cancun, tour a brand new city, or simply take a nice picnic in the park packed with your favorite sandwiches, pasta, and chips. Whether you enjoy the warm season with friends, family, or coworkers, there is absolutely no denying the enjoyment of good old summertime. Goodness, you could even visit a nearby beach, roll out your favorite patterned beach towel, and simply bask in the sun for a good old fashioned tan. In truth, there are no limits when it comes to summer. Ah, yes; it is summertime, and the living sure is easy.
However, there are a few precautions to take with the arrival of summer, which makes it not so easy in certain situations.
This guide will prepare you for summer, its unexpected turns, and how to handle these without any worry due to the advice in this post.
1. How to conquer the blistering pain of sunburn
This might sound easy: just apply sunscreen, right? Well, in theory, yes; this is a definitely good tactic. However, there are certain elements to look for in a sunscreen, which can keep you free of sunburn despite your original lotion application. Here are a few helpful hints:
- For fair skin, you will definitely want to do your research; unfortunately, there are there are six different skin prototypes, going from light to dark. Individuals who have skin types I and II face the highest risk of developing skin cancer, while types V and VI are at the lowest developmental risk.
- To keep your own self, friends, and family members safe from the sun, it is recommended by dermatologists to use an SPF of 15 or higher; but for fair skinned individuals, a higher SPF is encouraged. Remember to apply generously and especially after you leave the water, since it can wash off.
- Don’t forget to cover-up, either; nice beach hats, shawls, and long sleeved shirts can do the trick.
2. How to prepare for a vacation
When you are ready to go on vacation, one of the best ways to prepare is by doing the following:
- Research your resort or location; remember, the more you know, the better.
- Write a list of necessities. This includes towels, clothing, personal hygiene products, shampoo, conditioner, and whatever else you plan on bringing.
- Bring a camera. This is a must! How else can you capture beautiful moments in time during a very memorable experience? A camera (or, you could always resort to a smartphone, granted the camera is high in quality).
3. Prepare for the heat
Regardless of indoors or outdoors, you will definitely need to mind the heat—unless you live in colder climate. For those of us who reach roughly eighty to above one-hundred temperatures, you are going to want to keep your heat under control. Here are a few ways to do so:
- Invest in a fan. This is a relatively cheap investment, and can keep certain spots of your home cool.
- Look into portable air conditioners. These work well for particular locations as well.
- Consider implementing accurate temperature management tools—this will ensure that you aren’t paying more than you have to for air conditioning costs. Plus, when you’re enjoying the summer, you don’t want to cut costs from your leisure time due to an improperly handled necessity.
Oh, and one other little tip—eat a ton of popsicles, ice cream, and water ice.
This summer, save big, relax more, and enjoy the pleasures of summertime. It only comes once a year, so take advantage of it.