You saved money for several years to buy the car of your choice. But that’s not enough. Once you have bought it, you have to meet its gas costs, repair jobs, maintenance needs, oil changes and other expenses too. Here are a few tips with which you can save on your car every year:
- Make an arrangement with your colleague, so that you drive him to office for one month, and he drives you for the next month. In this way, both of you save money on gas for one month each.
- Look for deals and offers on gas prices in your area. Some retail stores may also offer you free gas refill on purchase of a certain amount.
- Changing the oil every 3000 miles cost you a good amount of service charges. You can learn how to change the oil yourself, and save big.
- You need to replace your car air filter at least once in a year. It may cost you a lot if you blow it off. Bad oxygen sensors and air filters can increase your car’s fuel consumption as well. So, get your air filters changed regularly.
- By adding more safety features on your car, you can save good on your car insurance costs. So, consider installing those air bags, seat belts, gear lock, wheel lock, safety alarm etc.
- Slow down and speed up slowly rather than suddenly slamming the brakes. Cars that are driven slowly are seen to have a better fuel economy than others.
- Every time tire pressure goes low, your car starts wasting gas. Keep optimal air pressure in your tires, and save as much as 11 cents for each gallon of gas.
- Keep your car clean, not only inside, but outside too. The debris, rust, animal droppings and other things on your car’s body can corrode its paint if left unattended. This can significantly reduce its resale value as well. So, have your car washed every now and then. If you want to save money, you can consider washing it yourself.
- Whenever your car needs a repair or auto part replacement, try shopping around and compare the best rates available. Go for the one that gives you best quality service at least rate.
- Don’t wait for your car to lie dead once and for all. Take it for regular maintenance schedules. In this way, any problems will be identified soon, and repaired before they create a serious problem.
Follow these tips, and you will really save big on your car. If you need help in repairing your car, then head down toBrennan Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM their service department will help you.